Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Wednesday

I'm more or less ambivalent about the whole Cubs thing right now. What it is: I'm not letting myself think about it too much.

I feel badly for the guy. He made a split second decision. My words from last night still stand. He just forgot himself, and followed instinct--something too many people are willing, and even striving, to do. I think the last argument I had with my sister was over why it's not okay to sit back and laugh at a Rob Schneider movie.

The guy did that, or he's not as acquainted with the game as he should have been, and then, starry-eyed at actually attending a baseball game at Wrigley, he went for the ball.

I don't know. And I don't think we'll ever know.

I don't agree with the publishing of his name or the harassment he's receiving.

If you're going to hunt somebody down, find out where Thom Brennaman and Steve Lyons are staying

We have game 7 tonight. And we live in enlightened times when we don't believe in silly shit like curses, right? (This from the man with three different posts on his own blog about ghost stories).

I keep going back to game 6 of the 1986 World Series. When the Sox lost game 6, and then just didn't show up at all for Game 7.

If ever there were a time for Dusty Baker to be the great and wise motivator and leader that he's supposed to be, then this is the day.

And it'll be a little bit of a victory either way you look at it....because Kerry Wood's hot wife will be in the stands. If Fox stays true to form, she'll be on camera almost as much as anybody in the lineup tonight.

Which is not such a bad thing, necessarily.

With game 7, I'm going to miss tonight's NWA-TNA show. And in actuality, I've not been to more than a couple of shows since July. Part of it is the 3 week hiatus they took, and part of it's financial. But mostly, I don't like the direction the shows have taken pretty much since the anniversery show back in June. I'm patient, but the shows have become a bit cookie-cutter. The charismatic performers who can actually put on good matches are being left off the show in favor of a lot of the older punch and kick guys, like the former Road Dogg, Konnan and even (dare I say it) Shane Douglas.

Having Dusty Rhodes (who may have been one of my favorites back in the day, but has been over the hill for 15 years) wrestle A.J. Styles, one of the most ring-savvy young'uns of the group, for the NWA World Title is a waste of time. I'm glad I didn't go to last week's show.

And I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the news that Hulk Hogan will be wrestling a couple of shows for them later in the fall. He's the biggest over-the-hill punch and kick guy of them all. And I don't think that's the direction the company needs to go, even if they're going to be pulling in a few buys for those shows.

It might work if they showcase the performers like Christopher Daniels, Low-Ki, Chris Sabin and Kid Kash, and let people see these guys perform. But when they've had those opportunities in the past few months, they haven't capitalized, letting Konnan and D-Lo Brown take up entirely too much show time.

But I digress.

And then there was the very loud argument that ensued at the gas station where I'd stopped to buy a coke where a guy cut in front of me and the guy who was in front of me. I had very little to do with the argument. I watched as the little guy dropped the f-bomb on the feller, and the feller called the little guy a runt.

When the first fellow left, I did stay in his way, and reminded him there's no need to act like a jackass.

And now I'm eating a bag of popcorn. And it's tasty.

There's a job interview tomorrow.

I like pie.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home