Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Clouds

My new job is third shift. I've had to change my sleep patterns to accomodate that, which isn't the easiest thing for me. I've never in my life been a stay up all night type of guy. I've been old before my time for a long, long time. Papaw can't stay up late....he's gotta get up early.

9:30 in the PM?!??!!??!?! I gots to get to bed!

What's more, the sun comes up at roughly 7 and down at roughly 4:45, so that's not a lot of sunlight anyway. And I've been asleep for part of those hours each day for the past few.

So, I haven't seen a lot of the sunlight.

Add to that the fact that it's been raining off an on since Saturday night. And it's been pretty much cloudy when it's not been raining. Even when I've been awake, I haven't seen me a whole lot of sunlight here lately. For all the clouds.

It's too early in the fall/winter cycle to be getting this whole season dysfunction thing.

I guess I should thank heavens that I don't live in Barrow, Alaska, where they've seen their last sunlight until January 23. I'd go Loco before Christmas.

The job itself is fine. It's a joe-job. Nothing strenuous. But it doesn't allow me to use my brain, either. So that's frustrating. At least at the Charitable Organization, I'd have the opportunity to work out a problem and think something out. At the new jobs, it's pretty much set in place that I'll do the same thing every night. I can handle that. A little too easily. At the very least, it looks like I won't get bothered much, and it doesn't look like I'll have anybody on my back.

It's just a little irritating that I went to school for five years, got a degree, and this is what I'm doing.

But at least it's paying the bills. I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that I even have a job at all, considering that I spent more of this year than I'd ever have thought being either overqualified or underqualified for every job out there.

And especially considering that there are people much brighter and a lot more capable than I am who've recently lost theirs.

Ah well. Enough grousing. Just remember that it's Work to Live, and not vice-versa, and I think we'll all be okey dokey.

I'll be better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home