Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Magic Pants

I bought some bright orange warm up pants that are convertible to shorts. You just unzip the legs, and BAM! they're shorts. (They become shorts without the loud noise....I would hate to have the neighbors complain that there's a loud noise coming from my apartment anytime he turns his pants into shorts.)

I'm sure there's some manner of technical or "correct" name for pants that have unzippable legs and become shorts on a mere thought....but I'm going to refer to them forever as my "Magic Pants."

See, being from where I'm from (the Mind of God), you see many pairs of shorts that were once longer pants. Usually when you go swimming. It is cheaper to turn a raggedy pair of blue jeans into swim gear than to go out and buy one of those newfangled swimsuits.

There have been a couple of episodes of Letterman where Dave plays "Can we turn your pants into shorts?" And he cuts the legs off the nice trousers he wears for his show. I think even Mel Gibson got in on that action, when he was a guest.

Fortunately, where it concerns my Magic Pants, the legs when the pants are in "shorts mode" still reach down to around my knees. I can't see any need (for my use) in which my pants would have legs that zip off to make Daisy Duke style shorts.

Last thing on the Magic Pants? They're bright neon orange.

They're so bright that if you look out your window right now, you can probably see me glowing off in the distance.

They're so bright that they just did my taxes.

They're so bright that they beat me at Jeopardy!

They're so bright that they wrote that post on Verb Tense and Aspect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home