Saturday, December 02, 2006

Chapter MMCDIV: In which Tommy actually posts something...

Chapter MMCDIV: In which Tommy actually posts something...

Work was a son of a bitch this week. In more way than one. Kept me from writing. Kept me from spending time with friends. But at least they treat me like shit, so I got that going for me.

I'll just say, as that concerns, the phase of re-evaluation of my priorities has begun.

I missed the 50,000 words in 30 days for NaNoWriMo. I'll keep writing and posting, though. So, remember all you sevens of readers that I am writing, but spare time is so scarce lately, that I'm not reaching any stopping points quickly. I don't like posting anything that just stops for no reason except that I finished writing that morning right there at that point. I'd like there to be a flow to the story.

Add to that the fact that the stuff I write at night just seems so mechanical and dull that I am not enthusiastic about posting it for public consumption. And because I've been opening the store more often than not, I have to write at night. I feel much more comfortable with the stuff I write in the mornings. I think it's because the shit of the day hasn't had opportunity to clog up the writing sluices. When I'm writing at night, I'm dealing with about 12 hours worth of life's bullshit. I am not yet so talented at shunting it aside.

Anyway. I'm heading out of town this weekend. I know, also not conducive to writing. But then, I think I may end up exploding if I don't break out of this little rut I've worn for myself. Exploding is even less conducive to writing, I would think.

So. I'll post this. A few weeks ago, I linked to somebody (I forget which blogger, and for that I apologize for not tipping the cap) with a video of David Armand doing an interpretive dance sort of bit to Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn."

Well, I found a another performance of David doing his bit, with Natalie singing along live. I'm not sure why it makes me so happy, but it does. I laughed out loud. It is often best not to question these things.

Y'all have a good weekend. I'm going to drink a couple of beers at the Blackstone and watch some hockey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home