Saturday, May 13, 2017

Random Thoughts

Busy couple of weeks.

There was Predators playoff hockey.  Tickets were bought early in the morning (like, 4:45ish) after the Predators swept the Blackhawks.  I'd never been to an NHL playoff game.  The energy was amazing.  The Predators won 2-1, and would go on to win the series last weekend to hit their first Western Conference Final.  They won game 1 against Anaheim last night, which was a nice way to start vacation.

Vacation week.  Finishing the move, which has become a much longer process than either of us might have thought.  We wanted to get this done in March.  Dad's passing put a hitch in that.  Then, her busy season started a week or three earlier than it usually does, thanks to unusually warm temperatures.  We were busier than anticipated (and a little more shorthanded) at work.  My landlord has been cool about this.

We'll finish up with the heavy stuff this week.  My smaller stuff is already over at Shyam's place.

Part of the moving has involved these guys:














They're old Pepsi standees we used at Halloween several years back.  I liked them, and kept them.  Used them a couple years to decorate, but for the most part they stayed folded up at the back of my bedroom closet.  I'm giving them to a buddy later this week, but I've left them set up in my living room.  No less than three times have I come into the house and nearly had a heart attack because of these goofballs standing there.

We wandered out to Guardians of the Galaxy, volume 2 this week.  It's only the second movie I've gone to see since Dad passed.  And it's the second (Logan, being the first) that involved a lot of father stuff.  There were a few tears on my part.  That's just me.  I'm a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in general.  Big mark, me.  So I can forgive a lot.  But I liked this one on a lot of levels, the same as the original Guardians.  Largely because it isn't as beholden to the continuity of the other works, and it just does its own thing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home