Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Wasted Vacation

The problem working with experienced folks is that over time, they've accrued a shit-ton of vacation time.  Among my boss, my grocery manager and my front end manager and me, there are 27 weeks of vacation to work into the 40-44 weeks out of the year that we're allowed to take them.

I had a week down for the third week, or so, of May.  The Cubs are coming to Atlanta that week, and i wanted to take a couple days to go seem them play live.

Well, a floor strip and a mandatory meeting popped up.  I had a few things going on this past week, so I went ahead and used the week I'd scheduled for May this past week.

Well, I got to do the things I wanted to do:  my buddy Barry's comic show; a WWE house show with my buddy Jeff; watching my nephew play ball yesterday and heading to a picnic/baseball game thrown by my Mom's retirement company at the Lookouts today.

Still, I wanted to get a couple things done this week...get some shelves up in the spare room; do some work in the yard;  maybe get out of town one day.

I guess I did get a few things done, so it's not a total loss.

Gotta go back to work tomorrow.  We'll see how things go....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home