You Odyssey These Nuts
It's a movie, guys.
I love movies.
But I don't need movies to confirm my fucked up worldview.
Wiser people than me have pointed out that if you're pissed about an LGBTQ actor portraying a character, you'll need to buckle your seatbelt when you study Ancient Greek culture.
And the casting of Lupita N'yongo as Helen? Helen of Troy is to White people what Albert Einstein is to bullpen management. Stop it. You're searching for things to offend you. And trust me, there's much better shit out there to be offended by.
All for a movie you haven't even seen, by the way.
That little bit of our culture is really fucking wearing me out. Trashing a product before it even releases. You're complaining about something you HAVEN'T FUCKING SEEN.
If you can't wait that long, to see the product, or you're refusing based on some bit of casting (N'yongo is a fine actress, by the way), then your opinion means nil, there, Boomer.
Me? I'll be going to see it this week. I don't think Nolan is the end-all/be-all, but he's made some fun flicks. And this looks like it could be a big honking things, and I'll go see it, buy 2 gallons of Coke Zero and have myself a grand old time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home