Monday, June 30, 2003

Drive-In Movie Theatres

A couple of brief thoughts on Drive-In Movie Theatres? I think I read that there are three operating in Tennessee these days. Well, the Midway Drive-In (located Mid-Way between Athens and Etowah, TN) was hopping busy last night. Maybe it's that it was $6 carload night, but they had 250, 300 cars in there, easy. I saw a lot of cars from out of county, too. I saw two Knox, one Blount and one plate from Georgia. I wonder if those folks are coming in from that far just to go to a Drive-In?

If they are, I smell a business opportunity.

I rather enjoyed myself.

We saw Finding Nemo, which is quite good, which is normal fare from Pixar. I was rather pleased with the seagulls. In a world where everything is anthro-po-morphized into thinking and feeling, it's nice to see the rats of the sea being relegated to asking or saying "mine" all the time.

Also showing was Bruce Almighty, which I'll admit I wasn't expecting much of. But it was a nice surprise. Big props go out to TV's Steve Carell, who pretty much stole the show as anchorman Evan Baxter. I will complain that Morgan Freeman (classy guy) is once again typecast as God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home