Friday, October 10, 2003

Commercials

Just wanted to talk about a commercial that I like. It's the Budweiser commercial where the guy's flinging beer bottles with his name and address rolled up inside out to sea, in hopes of somebody finding them. And they're all found by one guy on a deserted island, who is tormented by the bottles of beer, which are empty and contain this guy's name.

That's pretty funny, and I like it a lot. Although if I can make a commentary on the footnote/epilog/tag at the end of the spot, where the guy back in the real world, rescued from the island punches the guy who'd been sending the bottles out? It's not as funny, for some reason.

But I also disliked that part of Cast Away, too, where Tom Hanks takes the package he'd been saving to the lady. If ever there were an incongruous message in a movie about working to live instead of vice-versa, that would be it.

Also wanted to talk for a second about this commercial for the new $20 bill.

Do we really need commercials for money? I mean do you really need to advertise currency? Just post a note at the ATM about the new security features, and don't use my tax dollars to advertise on the television.

Money! It's Easier than Bartering!

Also, Hardee's commercials...the one's where they talk about how crappy they used to be and how there trying set things right? Okay. I'm happy that you've found a direction for your restaurant and managed to stick with it for about a year now. But can't we find some new commercials?

With George Wendt. I think there is no more perfect a spokesman for Hardee's, than George Wendt. Because everybody loves him. And I'll damn betcha he likes Hardee's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home