Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Steve Lyons and Thom Brennaman need to shut up

Yeah. Just muted the TV after Steve Lyons decided to take credit on the behalf of Fox TV on making that seat in left field famous, and then insulting baseball fans by saying that anybody would have gone for the ball.

That's bullshit, and if Steve Lyons thinks so little of baseball fans, then I don't want to hear from him anymore. Lyons strikes me as a feller who thinks he's a little smarter than he actually is.

I couldn't find the remote fast enough. I managed to hear Brennaman call the Cubs' fan reaction an indictment upon our society.

Dude....however much I think it's wrong to go after the guy like the media has been...your job is to announce a baseball game, not comment on such broad, sweeping topics such as the impact sports have on our society. Besides, that's a topic best left to WHEN THE GAME ISN'T PLAYING.

And Thom, if you are so quick to condemn YOUR CHOSEN PROFESSION's impact upon society, then I don't want you in the booth, my friend. Defend the game. Don't comment on how people are taking things so out of whack.

The trouble is that I'm not picking up WGN 720 out of Chicago like I was for most of the season. It fades in and out, and is competing with a Spanish-language station in West Tennessee, I believe.

As I write, Kerry Wood just tied it up with a 2 run homer.

He is my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home