Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I'm a Follower!

Lots of people doing this one. I'm posting for similar reasons...just waking up...don't have any original thoughts (not that I do on the other days...I'm really just a Frank Caliendo ripoff, funny voices and everything).

I remember this list getting passed around my circle of e-mail friends a while back. Some answers change, and others do not.

Firsts and Lasts

FIRSTS
FIRST JOB: One summer I watched a younger cousin during the day while my aunt worked. I got $80 a week. Which seemed like an assload at the time.

FIRST SCREEN NAME: Earlboy. It somehow seemed much cooler then.

FIRST SELF-PURCHASED CD: CD? R.E.M.'s Out of Time in 91 or so. Cassette? Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. In 86 or 87.

FIRST PIERCING/TATTOO: No identifying marks.

FIRST TRUE LOVE: Show Tunes I plead the fifth

FIRST ENEMY: There was a kid named West early in my grade school, and we were alternately good friends and worst enemies. (Unless you count myself...I've long been one of my worst enemies, and I've known myself all my life).

LASTS

LAST BIG CAR RIDE: What's big? I count the trip to South Carolina last summer as a big car ride. Because everything else is right around a couple of hours.

LAST KISS: Does the candy count? And that's been a while, too.

LAST LIBRARY BOOK CHECKED OUT: I don't even remember. I tend to buy or borrow from friends.

LAST MOVIE SEEN: I watched part of The Shining this morning.

LAST BEVERAGE DRANK: I'm just getting up. Cup of coffee.

LAST FOOD CONSUMED: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

LAST PHONE CALL: My folks yesterday.

LAST CD PLAYED: The Mavericks, Trampoline

LAST ANNOYANCE: All this food in the house yet none of it pleasing to the eye or mouth.

LAST POP DRANK: We drink cokes around these parts. Not pop or soda. Cokes. And as such, the last coke I drank was a Diet Mt. Dew. (No, it doesn't make sense outside of the region where we say it....but it's one of the last regional dialect indicators we have, and I've got a feeling my side's losing).

LAST ICE CREAM EATEN: It's been a while. I don't eat too much dairy here lately.

LAST TIME SCOLDED: A complete stranger chastised me for wearing a Cubs cap the other day. I beat him to death with my fists.

LAST SHIRT WORN: My Psycho Chihuahua shirt.

I....

I AM: just waking up.

I WANT: To finish the novel. Get it published. Be hailed as the next great thing. Cash the bling book deal. Fade back into relative obscurity.

I HAVE: a bruise on my right arm where I pinched the flesh of my forearm between a case of water I was buying and the edge of my pickup truck bed. It's a nasty blue with yellow on its edges. I got myself good.

I WISH: that we'd stop given so much credence to the lunatic fringe by listening to them and doing what they say, out of fear of reprisal and litigation. We live in a democracy, not a theocracy. (Emily says Fuck the FCC. And she's right.)

I HATE: Fundamentalists of any sort. People who live to correct other people. Snakes. Crowds. Rob Schneider and his movies. George Steinbrenner and the New York Yankees. The writing on the Simpsons most of this season.

I FEAR: That this whole newfound morality thing we've been going through as a nation's going to last quite a bit longer than the election year. Also, that somebody is going to throw a box of snakes on me. Probably Rob Schneider and George Steinbrenner.

I HEAR: My fridge buzzing. Water dripping from where made coffee and I didn't turn the faucet all the way off. My computer has a low hum. I just cracked my knuckles.

I SEARCH: For enlightenment.

I WONDER: What, exactly, is wrong with Dick Vitale. And is it catching?

I REGRET: I'm trying to stop regretting things. It's not healthy. It's too much my nature to dwell on things.

I LOVE: My family. My friends. Living in America. Baseball. Anything that makes me laugh.

I ALWAYS: Put my glasses on the nightstand before I go to sleep. Because the comedy that ensues when I cannot find them when I wake up is not necessarily funny to me.

I AM NOT: as bad off as I tend to think I am, sometimes.

I DANCE: Nope. I last danced for 4 seconds at my friend Jill's wedding.

I SING: fairly well.

I CRY: at some movies. I can't watch some movies with people. Field of Dreams, when Ray asks his Dad to "have a catch." Jeez. The Green Mile? Old Yeller killed me.

YES or NO:

YOU KEEP A DIARY: A journal. Other than this one, too.

YOU LIKE TO COOK: Sometimes. When I'm in the mood. Not for myself, though.

YOU HAVE A SECRET YOU HAVE NOT SHARED WITH ANYONE: Yeah.

DO YOU...?

HAVE A CRUSH: Yeah. I do. But I recently found out she's got a fiance. So I've had to leave it at that. It kind of sucked.

WANT TO GET MARRIED: One day. I suppose.

GET MOTION SICKNESS: Never have.

THINK YOU'RE A HEALTH FREAK: No. Though I do tend to wash my hands quite a bit.

CURRENT HAIR COLOR: It's brown, with my blond spot on the side.

EYE COLOR: Hazel.

BIRTHPLACE: Athens, TN

FAVORITES

NUMBER: 12 and 23

COLOR: Green

DAY: I like Saturdays, now that I don't have to work them.

MONTH: Both April and October are pretty nifty.

SONG(S): "The Long Black Veil" as performed by the Chieftains and Mick Jagger. I can't let Don McLean's "American Pie" go without singing along. AC/DC's Thunderstruck wakes me up. Johnny Cash's "Joe Bean."

SEASON: Fall

DRINK: Beer

PREFERENCES

CUDDLE OR MAKE OUT: I don't even know you people.

CHOCOLATE MILK, OR HOT CHOCOLATE: Don't do chocolate, anymore. If you won't laugh, I'll tell you that it causes nightmares, and depending on how much I eat, it either depresses me or makes me pretty evil.

MILK, DARK OR WHITE CHOCOLATE: You don't listen, do you?

VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE: Vanilla. Though not very much, either.

IN THE LAST 24 HRS, HAVE YOU...

CRIED? Nope.

HELPED SOMEONE? Yep.

BOUGHT SOMETHING? Lunch, last night.

GOTTEN SICK? No, I'm over that crud I had last week.

GONE TO THE MOVIES? Nope.

SAID 'i love you'?: Not in the last 24 hours.

WRITTEN A REAL LETTER: Yes, actually. There are a couple of people I correspond with.

TALKED TO AN EX?: Nope.

MISSED AN EX?: Nope.

WRITTEN IN A JOURNAL?: Not in the last 24 hours.

HAD A SERIOUS TALK?: Nope.

MISSED SOMEONE? Yes

HUGGED SOMEONE? Nope.

MADE A GIRL MOAN? Nope. Not in the last 24 hours.

Other people from my link list have been playing:

Tainted Bill.

Second Breakfast.

Sheila O'Malley

Dan, at Obscurorama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home