Sunday, May 16, 2004

Wedding Ruminitions, part the one

Wedding Ruminitions, part the one

A short post, to be followed later by a longer recounting.

First and foremost, I'd like to give one last note of congratulations to my friends Steven West and (the former) Janet Walden, who were married in a beautiful service last night.

I served in the capacity of Best Man. Got tuxed up. Kept Steven in line, and made sure he was ready and steady on his feet getting to the service.

Said a few words at the reception. Was worried that a joke about an axe murderer in a toast speech might not go over well, but I forgot that both Janet and Steven come by their senses of irony and humor honestly, and that they get them from their families. So it would take a lot more than an axe murderer joke to offend most, if not all, of them.

As we say up on the hill, I'm wore out. Going to take it easy today, if I can.

I do want to say, one last time, congrats to my friends Steven and Janet. It was an honor to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home