Saturday, August 07, 2004

The Future

The Future

I'm not going to do well with future technologies. This I know.

Why?

I can't even quite master the simple modern ones.

Example?

You know how some foods come in plastic bags with the zip-lock closing device built into the package? Shredded cheeses come with it nowadays, to keep the cheese fresh and non-moldy once it's been opened. Some lunchmeats have the zipper. As do pre-made salads and gummi bears.

I can't think of one occasion where I've actually been able to get the package open when I've first bought the stuff without destroying the bag, rendering the zipper useless and spilling most of the contents of the stuff onto the floor in the process.

I jest.

Of course I'll do alright in the future.

I just adjust.

I'm usually able to find a way to re-close the bag without ruining what's inside. Sometimes, I'm actually able to use the zip-lock device.

And if I can't, I'll dump the contents of that package into a container in the fridge. It's usually a large bowl. And it contains the contents of other packages that I was unable to successfully open without throwing the contents all over the kitchen.

So, at any given time, that bowl might contain cheese, or meat, or gummi bears, or cream cheese, or mustard, or beets, or salad, or anything that once came in a bag that I ruined.

And we eat the contents of that large bowl on Sunday. It's called BSTommy's Finger Lickin' Gobbledygood Stew.

One day, it will make me a millionaire. I am sure of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home