Monday, August 30, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday (on a Monday Night), because I can't string two thoughts together without being prompted.

Now that the Olympics have closed let's review!!

1. How much of the Olympics did you watch?


A little. I didn't make a point to actually sit and watch any particular event. We had a family get together a weekend ago, and I watched most the USA basketball team losing to one of the Eastern European countries. I'd say I watched about a half-hour's worth or so, on average, a night.

2. What's your favorite Olympic sport?

You know, I couldn't give a crap about any track and field event any other time, but I did end up staying up late (Papaw here needs to sleep early) to watch certain events. The 100 meter dash, and a couple of the relays. It's the only time I'll watch them.

I enjoyed seeing what baseball I did in the 2000 games. But since America farted around and didn't even make the games this year, nothing got on.

I rather enjoyed watching Women's Beach Volleyball.

3. What's your least favorite Olympic sport or one you feel should be removed?

I just don't get synchronized swimming. I mean, I understand the concept. I don't see the appeal in competing in a dancing contest in water, and having it judged and televised and all that jazz. I just don't think we should be giving out valuable gold to the group who can dance in the water better than another group.

And don't give me that stuff about how it's hard, and it takes discipline. Novel writing is hard, and it takes discipline. But we don't give Olympic medals out for that, do we?

(We don't, do we?)

To me, synchronized swimming is right up there with competitive bedmaking in terms of athletic competition.

~Bonus~ If you could participate in the Olympics what sport would you want to be in?

Synchronized Swimming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home