Thursday, October 07, 2004

Morning?!?!?!???!!!

Morning

You know, I generally sleep around 6 and a half to seven hours a night. Our group made it back from Atlanta, from the Braves loss in the first game of the playoffs, around 11:15 or so.

I got my typical six and a half hours of sleep, but dragging my behind out of bed at 6:45 this morning, and it was a chore and three quarters. I'm all gorggy and stuff.

Groggy, too.

It's been one of those mornings, too, where the things that normally take you 2 minutes end up taking twice as long.

The four minute shower? Right around 8 minutes.

Brushing the teeth and using the mouthwash and flossing and all that jazz? Normally a couple of minutes, took me right at five.

It took me forever to get dressed.

I decided to forgo my daily recreation the hundred-years war.

The game yesterday afternoon was fun. A good natured crowd, though it couldn't find enough people to fill the stadium. An announced paid attendance of something like 41,464 (we were sitting right below the overflow press area in left field, so we got their P.A. announcements with any significant stats, including attendance).

41,464 paid, but I'd reckon right around 32-34 thousand made it to the stadium.

I wonder now how many of those people not in attendance were people like me who had bought tickets hoping some other team, like the Cubs or Giants, would have been playing in Atlanta.

There were a goodly number of Astros fans there.

I'll write more later, with pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home