Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Playoffs

The Playoffs

Just taking a look at baseball's playoffs, here are my picks, based on nothing but my gut feel (and what an ample gut it is), and (in part) wishful thinking:

Yankees over Twins in 5.
Red Sox over Angels in 4.

Cardinals over Dodgers in 3.
Braves over Astros in 5.

Red Sox over Yankees in 7.
Cardinals over Braves in 6.

Cardinals over Red Sox in 5.

It might be cool.

However, I should note that The Yankees and Cardinals are the two teams in the Majors I hate more than any other. I think it would be an entirely pleasant universal ha ha on Tommy to have these two teams duke it out. Because higher powers like twisting me against my word to make me do things like root for the Cardinals

No, on second thought, that's not entirely true. There is a certain pleasure in watching the two bullies on the block whip the shit out of each other. And I hate the Yankees so much that I don't think I'd have a problem backing the Cardinals should such pairing take place.

Plus, having two teams you hate is better than having two teams in the Series you care nothing about, like what happens for me with the Super Bowl almost every year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home