Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Taskmaster

Taskmaster

I would like to take a minute to address something that was said in a dream I had last night.

To the Taskmaster/Slavedriver that was following me around, threatening to prod me with a shocker:

First, Sarcasm is not appreciated. When I tripped and fell and you said "We'd only been walking all day." That really hurt. You and your floating recliner can shock me and prod me all you want, but the sarcasm really hurts.

Also? That line about "I thought you were fluent in over six million forms of communication?"

That ain't me, dude. You're confusing me with C-3PO, from the Star Wars movies.

I know we're easily confused, what with our both having glowing eyes and prissy natures. My being voiced by Anthony Daniels also has something to do with it, I would say.

But still, I never claimed to be a protocol droid. I'm just barely fluent in the language I speak on a day-to-day basis. I've been known to let loose with such gems of the English Language as "I thought I knew a little weller than I did."

I can do a few phrases in Spanish (most having to do with the location of and my permission to use the toilet), and I can do a couple of really cool sounding German curses.

But other than that, I can't get what that little taunt was about. That one confused me enough to wake me up, where I am not plagued so much by hooded, shockstick having taskmasters who reside in floating recliners.

On this side, it's bees, mostly, that plague me. And they don't care how many languages I speak. Only that I'm trying to steal their honey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home