Monday, December 04, 2006

Notes on the Weekend

Notes on the Weekend

Just a couple notes on this weekend's visit to Middle Tennessee....

No visit to Blackstone this weekend, though we did make it to Toot's. You know, Fried Pickle Chips have shown up from time to time in the area. I think even Captain D's had them for a short time. But nobody does them like Toot's. I could have sat down and told them not to let the basket go empty until I passed out.

We hit a Predators game Saturday night. Nashville lost 4-3 in overtime. I've only paid attention to hockey since 98 or so, when the Predators showed up in Nashville. And then it's been just a vague knowledge that guys on skates carry sticks hit a little flat ball until A. It goes into a goal, B. A referee blows a whistle, or C. Jordin Tootoo starts fighting with somebody.

Like I said, Nashville lost in overtime. It was surprising to me to watch the crowd deflate as soon as Chicago scored their overtime goal. See, coming from a baseball background, a "sudden death" ending on the stick of a visiting team was a bit of an oddity. It took me a second to catch up. I think I knew that the game was over...it just took me a second to accept it.

We also took in the Titans game, via teevee. There were short thoughts of trying to find cheap tickets, but we figured that with Peyton Manning in town, between the Peyton fans and the Peyton-haters, it was probably a seller's market on tickets. So, in the relative warmth of the television, we saw the Titans take one from the Colts.

A couple thoughts....

I'm not on the Vince Young bandwagon. But I'm no longer throwing stones at said bandwagon. I'd still rather him be backing somebody up, but it's hard to say that Kerry Collins or Billy Volek (were he here) could have kept the energy for the offense (or offered the scrambling threat).

Also, Rob Bironas shouldn't have to buy drinks anywhere near Nashville this week. That was a helluva kick....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home