Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Tags

Christmas Tags

Synchronicity. Got this one e-mailed to me. Then I noticed that Newscoma tagged me on it. Funny how that works.

1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Wrapping. Bagging would be more practical, since most rottweilers have about the same wrapping skills that I do.

2. Real or artificial tree? No tree. Not home enough. A real one, were I putting one up, though.

3. When do you put up the tree? I hate it when questionaires don't listen. This is not how a stable relationship is formed. Ask a question, and then listen to the answer....

4. When do you take the tree down? Again, I feel like this questionaire isn't listening.

5. Do you like eggnog? Sometimes. It's a texture thing. At its worst, its like drinking a cup of snot. However--if you spice it well enough, I'll try it....

6. Favorite gift received as a child? For some reason, Castle Grayskull from Masters of the Universe stands out. I always liked it. Plus, we used the box it came in as a makeshift sled a few days after Christmas, that year.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. My folks have one. But I don't.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I've told this story once or twice...once, a family friend came over with a present. I opened the paper, and it was a G.I. Joe Motorcycle!!!! Inside the box? Socks. Bastardly socks.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Running late, this year. I'll get mine out tomorrow ;)

10. Favorite Christmas movie? There are three....A Christmas Story probably comes in on top. Christmas Vacation, and March of the Wooden Soldiers.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Over the course of the year.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don't eat much chocolate. It gives me nightmares. But if somebody should make chocolate covered Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers? It's on....

13. Clear lights or colored? We try not to use the term "Colored" at the house, after a shameful incident involving my brother-in-law and a piece of fried chicken. We prefer "multi-hued."

14. Favorite Christmas song? Hark! the Herald Angels Sing

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay Home.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Little known fact? The reindeer in C. Clement Moore's poem have long since died. The last, Vixen, died in 1984 in a four-wheeler accident. The names of the current reindeer: Happy, Clancy, Jude, Warren, Dirk, Gargamel, Ida, Trevor and Percy.

17. Angel or star on the top of your tree? Again with the tree....Jeeze. Why doesn't the internet listen to me?

18. Open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning. Sometimes, we got to open one on Christmas Eve. A couple times, we left for my grandparents' house in New Jersey on Christmas Day, and opened all the presents.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People get so impatient. It's the personification of procrastination...you've had the whole year to get ready. Why try to make the perfect Christmas in the last three shopping days of the year?

20. What do you leave for Santa? I think Santa is partial to Pecan Sandies. Not many people share this belief. I like to call those people "wrong."

21. Least favorite holiday song? The "Christmas Time is Here" song that is sung at the very beginning of Charlie Brown's Christmas special. For one, it sounds like a Funeral Dirge. And for two, they play it on our in-store radio three times a day, and when you're trying to work, it's the slowest frigging song to try to work to...

22. Do you decorate your tree with any specific theme or color? No. Because I don't decorate a tree. (Now my folks' tree? Hodgepodge is the theme.)

23. Favorite ornament? Mom gets me ornaments every year. And for some reason, I think my favorite is a Garfield ornament she got me, where he's dressed as a reindeer. He seems very satisfied as a reindeer. Also, my geeky side likes having Darth Vader and the starship Enterprise on the tree....

Now I gotta tag seven people?

Jeez. I don't even know Seven people ;)

I think I'll tag Shyam and Steven, just to keep them posting.

I'll tag Tish, because she's probably tagged me for 78 awards and memes, and I'm way behind....

I'll tag Eric, to see how they celebrate Christmas on the other end of the county.

I visit Teresa a couple times a week, but don't leave nearly enough comment. I tag her, mostly out of appreciation for the snow pictures.

I think I'll tag Emily. Because her blog's been making me laugh for a long, long while now.

And I think I'll tag Danielle. Mostly because I enjoy being able to communicate with people on the other side of the planet, and I'd like to see how she does Christmas down under...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home