Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In which Tuesday was my enemy....

In which Tuesday was my enemy...

Some days, you get the bear. And some days....

Today was a motherhump of a day. Got it from all sides. Just one of those days it would have been nice to just huddle up and catch a couple of movies somewhere. Except then, I'd probably have somehow offended a movie, too, only to have my ass whipped by a billion Bollywood stars.

First time for everything.

I think I could take a few of them, before the Hindu masses came crushing down upon me.

Can I just ask this? When, exactly, did we get to the point where for each and every person out here, that nobody else's opinion matters?

I put a quote up, a few weeks ago, from Jeff Bridges, that went something along the lines of (paraphrasing, because my memory's for shit): Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle....

I dunno. Is it too much to ask for that consideration in return?

Probably.

I'm out of Velveeta, so here's some cheese to go with the whine....



Yeah. Shitty movie. I tend to like it, though. It's beautifully shot, you gotta admit. Plus, Post-Apocalyptic matches my mood, this evening. It is heartening to think Tom Petty would survive Armageddon.

The gun thing is disappointing, and I find myself wondering how a town, even in a superior vantage point, would defend itself from Will Patton and his band of marauders?

I think, even in this world, it's important to own a gun to protect yourself from Will Patton, and his band of marauders.

But, that's just me.

Anyway, y'all take it easy.

Tomorrow's another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home