Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Thoughts....

The first thing I want to say is this: My brain deserves a terrible, stabby death. For the love of all that is good an holy! This is likely my last day off without (much) oblication until the second week of 2010, and it decides to wake up and think about the Justice League of America at 5:28 in the morning?

Honestly. The rest of me, my spleen, liver and the arches of my feet included, DO NOT CARE how the Justice League of America sets up the monitor duty schedules, and how they handle days off and whatnot.

Wandering through a Sunday where I've actually managed to get the Big Stupid Tommy Compound looking like a sane person lives in it. Dishes done, clothes picked up. I've even gotten books straightened and the bed made. I'm an honest-to-God grownup this morning.

I'll say this, this chilly Sunday morning: I'm slightly jealous of you folks who got snow. Slightly. Pictures like this are kinda why. It's a world of yellows, browns and grays around SE Tennessee this morning. We sit an hour-or-so west and south of the line of demarcation between eight inches of snow on the ground and merely a shit-ton of rain. I like the stories heard from co-workers at other locations north and east of here, where one side of some counties received six, eight and ten inches of snow, while the other side of the county got flurries and cold rain.

I'd kinda like to see a good snow up close, again.

Still, there are blessings in all things. Drivers around here go shitbrained when the wind blows sideways. Don't think I'd want to navigate the byways of McMinn County with 8 inches of snow covering things up....

I did watch Christmas Vacation again this morning. I would like to take a quick minutes to list my favorite lines:

7.) Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

6.) Clark: 'Tis the season to be merry.
Mary: That's my name.
Clark: No shit.

5.) Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

4.) Eddie: I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.
Clark: Do you really think it matters, Eddie?

3.) Ellen: Oh Aunt Bethany, you shouldn't have done that.
Aunt Bethany: Oh dear, did I break wind?

2.) Eddie: Shitter was full!

1.) Clark: If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home