Saturday, May 01, 2010

May....

Anybody else glad it's a new month?

April was a trying one. Too much work, for one. It's a theme in my life, I think. I try not to write too much about that place, but when you're working a stretch where it's pretty much all you do for a three-to-four week span, besides sleeping and pooping, it's tough to come up with new and interesting things to say. That's been the bulk of my month of April.

Add to that a couple or three larger-size disappoinments, one personal, one professional, one an even larger combination of the two. I've not hung my head, but it was a kick in the pants, all the same.

May's the month I'll hitch up the britches, though. Kicks in the pants are part of life. It's not what happens to you that defines you, but how you deal with it.

Add to it, there have been other events in the lives of my friends that have worked to put things in perspective. Displays of strength that this sappy cuss will tell you are nothing short of inspiring.

Anyway, we're wandering back toward the horse. Not quite in the saddle yet, but we'll get back up there soon enough.

Y'all take it easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home