Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Toosday

Morning, my little Proctologists of Insanity.

You find your old pal Tommy refreshed and invigorated by a trip to Opening Day, which despite the horrific, nightmarish outing for the Cubs, was worth the trip inasmuch as wandering back into baseball season is like putting on a comfortable pair of pants.

Went to my first Opening Day yesterday. I wanted to be there for the player intros and all the pomp and circumstance that comes with Opening Day, but Atlanta traffic wasn't cooperating, and we spent an hour and a half going the final couple of miles. We made it to the ballpark just before first pitch. I managed to catch it via the opening behind the Cubs' bullpen. Made it to my seat, over in section 220, right before Marlon Byrd put the Cubs up 3-0.

As we all know, the wheels fell off not long after that. A couple bloop hits get into Zambrano's head, and Atlanta gets the introduction it wanted to Jason Heyward. Dude's a hoss, and I'd say they ought to get PETA to look into animal cruelty charges for his having hit that baseball as far as he did. (And on what looked like, from our seats, not his best swing).

Eh. Disheartening to drive three hours for a throttling. Still, a bad day at a baseball game is still better than a good day at work.

I say that, looking down a long dark tunnel that ends with me getting another day off very likely around Tax Day. There's a Dog and Pony show getting ready to begin at the old jobplace, and yours truly is the head dogcatcher. Think of me, as you're out enjoying that thing men call sunshine....

2 Comments:

Blogger Yabu said...

Ten years ago, the Juju Woman and I spent ten years in ATL. Absolutely, without a doubt, the most f*&^$d up place I've ever lived, and not just because of the traffic. I know some people (not I) who spend between three to four hours in the soup...every day. F*&k that. When my company asked me to relocate, I told 'em I'd crawl 500 miles over broken glass to get out of ATL. Lot to be said about Mayberry.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Yabu said...

Ten years ago, the Juju Woman and I spent ten years in ATL. Absolutely, without a doubt, the most f*&^$d up place I've ever lived, and not just because of the traffic. I know some people (not I) who spend between three to four hours in the soup...every day. F*&k that. When my company asked me to relocate, I told 'em I'd crawl 500 miles over broken glass to get out of ATL. Lot to be said about Mayberry.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home