Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday nights.

The odd thing is, I'm good with dates.

I've been on vacation this week.  Used the time to get some writing done (70,000 words on one project? WooHoo!  Even if it's drivel, WooHoo!).  I'd asked Shyam if she'd be interested in heading to Huntsville to fart around there for an evening, and go see a hockey game in another SPHL city.  It just so happened that Knoxville would be visiting Huntsville.  It seemed like a natural.

Then?  I realized that our local area arts council was bringing a really cool band into town as part of their concert series.

And if I can give you a Big Stupid Tommy recommendation?  It is St. Paul and the Broken Bones.  Just a good show, all around.  And they were coming to Athens.  Tonight.

Well.  Me wanting to support the local arts scene, and keep more acts like St. Paul and the Broken Bones coming locally, I said we'd look at another night for Huntsville, and go to the concert.

And then I didn't buy tickets.

I assumed that the show would have tickets left.

I was a wrong-ass asshole.

Good on the Athens Area Council for the Arts.  Good for selling out.

Keep acts like this coming.

I didn't go because I wasn't on the ball.

I also didn't head out of town to watch hockey.

Oh well.

Live and learn.

I did watch Twilight Zone until a creepy one came on and weirded me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home