Monday, January 09, 2017

Snow Thoughts

Tired is pretty much my default position.

We did 3 holidays in the space of 14 days.

Christmas.

New Year's Eve.

Snow Rush.

I actually got off the worst of the Snow Rush.  I expected to have to work.  I rushed Thursday to get all my chores down, so that I wouldn't be left hanging if I had to run Friday.  I actually got to stay in and watch season one of Shameless on Netflix.  Really digging that one, by the way.

I did have have to work the aftermath though.  You know, the part where you have to convince people that it's alright to drive on a road with an inch of snow.  It's always an interesting paradox, where your customers have no trouble getting in but it's much too difficult for the workers to drive in.....

Actually, I get it.  I'm from McMinn County.  If you're rural, on a hilly shaded road, you don't want to get out.  I'm heading out to visit my parents who live on such a road in a few minutes.  I lived on that road.  I get it.  I'm not giving you a hard time.

But, if you live in a city where they've treated the roads (to excess, if the solid salt shell on my car is any indication), you need to come to work.  It's an inch of snow.  Snow.  Not lava.  Not man-eating sharks.  Not ninja throwing stars.  It's snow.  Suck it up.  And try not to complain to the guy who drove 30 miles before dawn in it.

Grownups don't get snow days.

Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home