Monday, January 16, 2017

Snuka

Here's a blurry picture of me with Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

It was taken the Monday morning after Wrestlemania XXIII in Detroit.  We were in the airport getting ready to fly back to Nashville.  We passed Jimmy Snuka drinking a Jack and Coke in the airport bar.  I didn't want to bother him.  Because I know how much I hate being bothered if I'm drinking at an airport bar at 9 in the morning.  Still, he didn't seem to mind when I asked if we could get a picture.

He was pretty incoherent, but I did catch it when he said "Thanks brutha."


This was all before I knew he might have killed his girlfriend back in 1983.

He did an interview with Opie and Anthony a few years back, that I caught when I still had XM.  It was actually a troubling interview.  He seemed lucid, and candid.  And his story seemed like complete bullshit.

He was declared incompetent to stand trial.  The interview I heard was three or four years before that (I think...time's funny out here....).

He died yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home