Thursday, October 05, 2017

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, this day, 5 October, 2017

Insomnia night.

The cat keeps using me as a leaning post while it licks its arse.

I have had mostly closing shifts for three weeks. I open tomorrow. My alarm will go off in 78 minutes.

Yesterday was the seven-month Mark since Dad's death. It still hurts. I miss him fiercely. I couldn't figure out, for a second, why I'd pre ordered both the hardcover and Audible.com editions of Stephen and Owen King's Sleeping Beauties. Then I remembered that I'd pre ordered the hardcover to give to Dad for Christmas. So. That was a minor mind fuck.

Due to vacations and people being out sick, I'm working 15 of 16 days. And I'm in a mini stretch where I'm working 40 hours in a 74 hour stretch.

Maybe that's where the fucking Insomnia comes from.

I will miss the bulk of Hysterics at Eric's, a gathering of current and former bloggers due to this work stretch. I'll make it for evenings, but open every morning, so I can't stay late.

I've been lucky most years.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home