Thursday, May 24, 2018

Random Thoughts


  • I heard the word Fuck today on Good Morning America.  They were playing an excerpt from a Howard Stern interview with Gwyneth Paltrow.  I was delighted, as I am nine-years-old on the inside.  I was also scandalized, as I am also a 62-year-old on the inside.  Welcome to the Duality of Man.  Still, it didn't drive me to insanity.  I don't think.
  • Leaping from one Freedom of Speech moment to another. Making it mandatory to stand during the National Anthem isn't patriotism, folks.  It's authoritarian nationalism, and if you can't see the difference, you deserve to get eaten by a fascist regime.  Trump and his supporters are dangerous.  This is a weird time for the United States.
  • I've got a couple of people I know going through hard stuff.  One had to have hospice called in for his Dad.  Another just found out he has stomach and esophageal cancer.  It's a bummer, and it's been laying heavy on my mind over the past couple of days.
  • Been missing Dad quite a bit this week.  Had a dream the other night where he and I were going to some kind of show.  It had aspects of both a pro wrestling show and a concert.  In the dream, he went off to find his seats, and I spent the rest of the dream trying to find him, waking myself up when I realized he'd passed away.
  • I hate holidays.  And I hate being shorthanded at work.  When I'm Emperor, blah blah blah.
  • I had a meeting yesterday down in Chattanooga.  I got a text before I went that the location had changed from the store it was supposed to be in to the bank next door to that store.  I wandered into the bank, and they looked at me like I'd grown a second head that was spouting racist rhetoric when I asked where I needed to go for the meeting.  Turns out it wasn't a prank, as was my first instinct.  There's another meeting this week that will take place at a bank next to one of our stores.
  • I recently listened to Alma Katsu's The Hunger, which was a helluva read.  I found a hard copy at McKay's yesterday.  It's one of those rare ones that I wanted a hard copy of, after I've listened to it.   If you haven't, it's a creepy-as-hell period piece about the Donner Party.  I loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home