Saturday, November 13, 2021

Nineteen?

 Nineteen years.

Who'da thunk it?

I'm not here as often as I once was.

But I'm still here.

Married Shyam on Halloween.  It was a delightfully weird ceremony.  My reason:  I've used up weekends off for the past 20 years going to exactly the same wedding.  If we were asking people to give up part of their time off, we wanted to put our weird little mark on it.  Our friend Marc married us in my Mom's backyard.  His notes were inside a Flash Gordon graphic novel.  My nephew served as ringbearer, while dressed as Yoda.  There were costumes.  There were nerf guns.  Marc read Large Marge's soliloquy from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.  We asked folks to bring a Jack O'Lantern.

It was a small ceremony, and I felt bad that we couldn't have more folks there, but at the same time, I didn't want to overwhelm Mom's house.

But, Shyam and I are hitched now.  It's not a huge change.  We've lived together for four years, and I couldn't being to imagine spending time with anybody else.  She's my girl.

Odd little things?  Getting used to wearing a ring.  Just the physical act of it, with none of the weight of marriage behind it.  I don't wear jewelry.  I don't even wear a watch.  We have a ceramic Unicorn in the bathroom that Shyam's had for years.  It's what she's used as a ringcatcher for years, and I've taken to using it during my shower.  I think I've forgotten to put the ring on 3 or 4 times, at this point.  And we've not even been married 2 weeks yet.

Also, names.  We hadn't even discussed it much prior to the ceremony.  But I did ask her if she was taking my name or keeping hers.  She told me she'd take my name, but replace her first name instead of her last.   

She makes me laugh.

Anyway, a few pictures:

I wore my Lebowski hockey jersey, although it was simply because my bright orange dress shirt was missing a button when I put it on right before the wedding.


It was completely accidental, but the one on the bottom left seems so frustrated by it all right then.

Shyam's folks with us.


Never give my sister your phone.  So many selfies.

Those who came in costume...Jill and Chris's daughter was a zombie prom queen.....

So, anyway...we're hitched.  We'll be heading to Disney in December for a honeymoon.

Anyway, the blogamathing?  19 years of nonsense, and counting.....



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is good to see you still bigging and stupiding, sir. Great post, and congrats once again.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home