Southern Brewers Fest
One more thought.
Wandered through some old posts, and realized that this weekend was the anniversary of a few Southern Brewers' Festivals. It was a day long (and longer) event at Ross's Landing, in Chattanooga. Several beer vendors. Brewers, large and small. Music. And usually a good day to hang out with friends.
Shyam, our friend Steven and I were stalwarts. Julie and her old boyfriend Jason would come down, a couple or three times. Other friends were in and out. Mostly we'd take folding chairs, or sit on the giant terrace steps and just hangout all afternoon. Drink beer. Have a good time. A few years, we'd pile into a hotel room downtown instead of trying to drive home. It was a good weekend, especially before everybody started having too much responsibility.
Then there were breakups. And new jobs. It got to be a helluva fight to try and get the weekend off that weekend at Food Lion. People started having kids. And the festival itself got too big for its britches. Raising admission, the price and size of pours. Trying the two-day thing, once or twice.
Shyam and I ended up going once or twice on a whim, when we found ourselves with the time free at the end of August. And we had a good time.
I don't think it's been a thing for seven or eight years, now.
Maybe longer.
I dunno. Time's funny out here, sometimes.
It's been 4 years since I've had a beer.
There are rare times I want one. Baseball games. And now, I guess, since I'm thinking about Brewers Fest.
Anyway. Just a little maudlin.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home