Tuesday, June 03, 2003

VH1 had a program about the top 25 or 30 rock star cameos in television.

I've never seen the episode where Boy George appeared on the A-Team. It's a good thing. Lordy was B.A. happy to have Boy George there. I'd never have pegged B.A. as a Culture Club fan. He always seemed to me to be more of an old-time R&B fan. Maybe even a really strong funk George Clinton fan. But any 80's rock (with the exception of Hall and Oates) would be beneath B.A. Baracus.

But in that episode, apparently, B.A. was all protective of Boy George. At the club appearance, B.A. was in the booth with Hannibal and Murdoch, and he was dancing and grooving to "Karma Chameleon."

I imagine now, as the A-Team drives around in B.A.'s badass van, that he'd pop in any number of 80's supergroups. Duran Duran. Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Wham! And knowing that 80's bubblegum grew out of the supersweet 70's, you just know that every now and then, B.A. would pop the ABBA casette into the player.

And Faceman would groan, and Murdoch (the Fool) would say something imminently foolish. Col. Hannibal Smith wouldn't say anything. He'd roll his eyes but remember his time in the War, and know that he'd lived through the worst Hell on Earth. He could survive ABBA.

And on a completely different note.

Apparently as a wee lad, I was such a fan of ABBA that our first dog I named Abbadog.

Well, that's enough for this morning. Gotta go to Abbawork. I'll go take an Abbashower and put on the Abbaclothes. I'll drive my Abbatruck. My Abbamanager will probably question me about something. Have a good Abbaday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home