Sunday, July 13, 2003

Priorities....being all out of whack

We're having all manner of bad weather in Middle Tennessee this afternoon. I'm reading, and I'm listening to the TV, which is showing today's Tropicana 400 NASCAR race. And we've had myriad thunderstorm warnings, but WSMV, channel 4 has been waiting until commercial breaks to update viewers on the weather situation.

The funniest update, though, came a few minutes ago. It began not with the weatherlady giving out information, but with her admonishing all the NASCAR fans who'd called the station, asking why the race was being interrupted. She said: "Let me remind you that we are not interrupting the race. We are broadcasting during the commercial breaks. You don't need to call us."

Well, currently, a couple of counties south of here are under tornado warning. Which completely warrants breaking into coverage of the NASCAR race. In the course of my writing this, WSMV has gone to a split screen, with weather in the big split and the race on the bottom screen.

But, apparently, WSMV is still being inundated with angry calls.

I love NASCAR fans. If only I had that kind of dangerous loyalty. Willing to brave hellacious weather and fiery damnations in order to make sure Dale Jr. is still running good.

I worked with a guy named Larry. The straw that broke the camel's back in Larry's first marriage was an argument over racer Rusty Wallace.

Update: Wow! I wish they were showing the race on the big screen. Bobby Labonte's car just crashed and was engulfed in fire! FIRE, y'all!!!!

Now do you understand why I watch?

FIRE!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home