Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Snought Thoughts

I'm pretty much over this weird-ass cold I've had for around a week, now.

I still cough occasionally, but the biggest annoyance right now is the extreme amount of snot I have in my head that's seeping out. I've blown my nose about 129 times today, and I've produced roughly a gallon and a half of the stuff. It's like my sinuses have been making up for lost time over the past week. I blow my nose every ten minutes or so.

In fact, while traversing the space between this paragraph and the one above, I stopped to blow my nose, and also to get a drink of water.

If only my snot were worth money. If it were, though, I wouldn't want to work at that reclamation center.

I should report that the right nostril is producing at a significantly higher rate than the left. At roughly a ratio of 5 to 1. It stands to reason, though, as the right nostril bore the brunt of the clogging for much of this cold. Generally, any time my sinuses are attack (by either allergens or the cold virus) the stoppage will switch from one nostril to the other, sometimes with a noisy decompression of one chamber while the other closes shop. However, for the duration of this little annoyance, I've been able to breathe through my left nostril nearly all the time.

Which is convenient, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home