Monday, September 29, 2003

Who is Killing the World's Oldest People?

I saw this Earth-shaking headline this morning when I signed onto the internet:

World's Oldest Man Dies.

I was saddened, and a little surprised. See, the World's Oldest Man also died back in the spring. It was another guy. This guy didn't die twice, that I'm aware of.

And in looking for a suitable link, I also found this story, from January 2002:

World's Oldest man dies in Italy.

And also this story, dated December 2000:

World's Oldest Man dies in Oklahoma

And even this story, Dated 1997 which proves women are also a target:

World's Oldest Person dies in France

I can only ask myself What the Hell is going on here?

All the Oldest Men (and People) in the world, seem to be dying.

Coincidence? I think not.

I know somebody's doing this. My question: Is there some group, or one lone, really old and crazy individual that waits in the wings to kill off the oldest people in the world?

Yeah. I think I'm right about that. We'd better put the Secret Service on this.

Somebody needs to protect the World's Oldest People!

They're in Danger!

Help Them!

Actually, extreme old age is fascinating to me. Just for all the stuff they've seen. Take Yukichi Chuganji, the subject of today's story, who passed away at the age of 114.

Now, assuming he turned 114 this year, he would have been born in 1889. Which means he as 19 in 1908, which was the last year the Cubs won the World Series. He was in his late 20's during the first World War. He was 52 (approximately my parents age) when Japan attacked the U.S. at Pearl Harbor, and 56 when we dropped the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He was in his 60's for Korea, late 70's and 80's for Vietnam.

When I was born, he would have been 88 years old. And by all accounts, 88's up there. That's pretty old.

He lived a full life. He owed his long life to drinking a glass of milk every morning.

I didn't read who the new Oldest Man in the World is. But hadn't he better look out? Everybody who's named World's Oldest Man seems to die soon after.

If there is nothing sinister, I guess we'll just have to chalk it up, and say: It's a mystery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home