Saturday, September 27, 2003

the Cubs

You know, you hate to have such an emotional investment in something as inconsequential as a baseball game.

But damn. This is the best I've felt in a long time.

Didn't get the second game in Nashville. Saw the highlights on SportsCenter.

I'd have given my left nut to have been at Wrigley today.

God love those Brewers.

But there's a little bitterness in amidst all this sweet. Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio are two of my favorite players who have never played for the Cubs. Both of those guys have come to play, day-in and day-out for more than a decade each.

I was secretly hoping the Cubs and Astros would both find a way to overtake the Fish, and the second place team would make the playoffs.

Like I said. I'd have given up kidney function to have been at Wrigley today.

But here's to even bigger and better things...in a just a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home