Monday, October 20, 2003

122-year-old man dies

In addendum to a previous post, lamenting the uncommon regularity of the deaths of the World's Oldest People: A Cambodian man believed by relatives to be 122 years old has passed away.

And I ask again: What is Killing the World's Oldest People!?!?!??!

I ask, because I hadn't even heard about this 122 year old man before last week, because he was crediting his smoking as keeping him alive all these years. And what happens as soon as he gets some publicity, he up and dies.

Seems to me that we need to start making a suspect list. The suspect is probably elderly; probably has already accomplished much, but wants even more notoriety; most likely possesses supernatural powers.

I'd blame Strom Thurmond, but he's dead.

Since we're on an off day from the World Series, Peter Gammons should probably be brought in for questioning.

As should Joan Rivers. On principles.

But I don't think we know enough about the potential for trans-medium crime. So I don't think we can rule Strom Thurmond out, just yet.

On Second Thought: The guy who died at 122 said his relatives were the ones who believed him to be 122.

I think that's the secret: I don't have to live to 120. I just have to convince all the people I know of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home