Friday, October 17, 2003

Good Morning, Internet/The Friday Five

Good Morning. The Red Sox lost last night. I'm rooting for the Marlins in the Series. Which isn't a horrible problem, but you understand that the Marlins are pretty high on my shit list, but mostly for beating the Cubs. They're a fun young team, and I want to see them beat the hell out of the Yankees.

Which is the sad part. Six out of the last eight years, I've ended the season not necessarily rooting for someone, but rather rooting against the Yankees. It's a subtle difference that I'm not smart enough to put into words to explain.

Last night, I had a dream last night where I was chasing my enemies and shooting at them with the rifle/cannon the bad guys used against Robocop in the movie of the same name.

(As opposed to when the bad guys try to blow up Robocop in "Terms of Endearment")

And I also had a different dream where a guy in a transfer truck was driving around in the field next to my parents' house, and running over my pets.

The second dream was not such a good dream.

I really, really love the "Godzilla" bit they do on the Bob and Tom show.

And Lastly: The Friday Five:

1. Name five things in your refrigerator.

Not a lot, right now. Eggs. Ketchup. Syrup. A jug of water. Cheddar Cheese.

(Per the directions, I've named them John, Paul, George, Ringo and Pete, respectively)

2. Name five things in your freezer.

Ice trays. French Fries. My roommate's broccoli. My roommate's Boca Burgers. My coffee beans.

(Will, Bubba, Emily, Elizabeth and Rob)

3. Name five things under your kitchen sink.

Dish Soap, All Purpose Spray Cleaner, Windex, A snarling, slobbering thing with very sharp claws, a gallon jug of laundry detergent.

(Chloe, Danielle, Chelsea, Abdullah, the Fonz)

4. Name five things around your computer.

Headphones. Tick action figure. Box of floppy Discs. A couple of CDRs. Mensa Day-to-Day calendar, which is about four days behind.

(Dante, Randall, Kaitlin, Rick Derris and Silent Bob)

5. Name five things in your medicine cabinet.

Claritin tablets, Aspirin, Athlete's Foot Spray, Alka-Seltzer and Band-Aids

(Trygve, Dag, Kurt, U, Boutros)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home