Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Life as a Musical?

Busy Mom's posted about an observation one of her kids made about the movie Sound of Music.

What if people really just broke into song in public?

And it reminded me, that there was a kid who went to my grade school for about a year who would break into song. Sometimes, he made the songs up on his own. Sometimes, they were songs on the radio and sometimes from movies (Wizard of Oz, and once, he sang "Tomorrow" from Annie).

He kept to himself a lot, I remember. He'd just kind of wander around the playground, singing to himself. He moved away not too much longer after he moved in.

So that's the thing. He never really belted it out (except for a couple of times, and probably at the egging of somebody else). He just kind of kept to himself, and contented himself by singing.

So it's actually kind of sad.

And one time, we were playing "Boundary Ball" in Gym, and he got hit in the face ball a dodgeball and had what is one of the top 3 goriest nosebleeds I've ever seen.

I'm not even sure of his name, these 20 years later. I'm thinking it was David, but I don't remember for sure. I'd have to dig out one of the old Riceville yearbooks. My friend Shyam maybe able to help me remember. Here's something else: He wore a lot of shirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home