Saturday, November 01, 2003

Morgan Freeman

This is the Morgan Freeman post.

Brought on, because last night, I said something to my roommate, and the way my voice sounded in my head, it was a spot-on copy of Morgan Freeman's.

So both of us, for the next couple of minutes, talked like Morgan.

There was a time that anytime Morgan showed up on the TV or in conversation, that somebody in this apartment would make the comment: "Classy guy."

I think that still holds true. Morgan just looks like a classy guy. Like he wouldn't have any problem laughing at your silliness, but he wouldn't participate, and just by his not participating, you'd know how silly you were being.

My favorite movie with Morgan Freeman in it is Shawshank Redemption. I just love that movie. I tend to think of it is a parable about knowing yourself, being true to it, and not letting somebody else define who you are. And it doesn't matter that I own it on DVD. Anytime I flip past TNT, and it's on (which is just about every other weekend), I have to watch it.

I like Morgan very much in Seven. He brought a very nice intangible quality to the Somerset character.

In fact, there is very little I don't like Morgan Freeman in.

Even Dreamcatcher. I didn't like Dreamcatcher very much. The roommate rented it. The parts with the kids are very, very badly done. But Morgan Freeman's parts? They're not bad. They're not good, either. There's very little to the script, and what is up with Morgan's eyebrows in this movie? But if Morgan Freeman tells me that he's a crazy badass, then I'm going believe that with every fiber of my being.

Hard Rain is another one. "We just want the money!" I kind of like that movie, though. Betty White's parts are pretty funny, too.

I really ought not write things twenty minutes after I wake up.

Doesn't change the fact that I dig Morgan Freeman.

However.

If Eliza Dushku asked me to give up kidney function, I'd probably have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home