Saturday, December 27, 2003

An Odd Thing from Christmas

Not a lot of blogging going on this weekend after Christmas. Everybody's doing their own thing, and that's cool.

I was just unpacking from my trip east, and I realized this: I got no books for Christmas.

This is perhaps odd to my own situation. Everybody in my family reads books like nobody's business. And I probably read more than any of them. And it's generally an easy gift for me, come Christmas time, to, at the very least, give me a book that they've enjoyed.

I got an almanac. And a couple of Garfield comic collections for to read on the potty.

But no book books from my family.

Not that I'm complaining. I got a lot of nice stuff. Clothes, and some really good movies....and a copy of Simpsons Jeopardy! I hereby challenge you Simpsons watching sunsaguns in my small circle of people.....I'll hand out asswhuppin's and then we'll eat pizza

My buddy Steven got me a Cubs book, Banks to Sandberg to Grace, which I finished far too quickly. A good read, I really enjoyed the 80's section, with Leon Durham and Rick Sutcliffe getting to talk. I can't stand Rick Sutcliffe as a commentator, but the stories he tells in Carrie Muscat's book are pretty funny. And the stories other people tell about him are just hilarious....Sutcliffe's given up a lot of home runs in Cincy, and anytime a homerun was hit, Riverfront Stadium would set off some fireworks....Manager Don Zimmer comes out to the mound, and Sutcliffe cusses him, says he knows what to do. Zimmer says that he knows, but that he wants to give the fireworks guy time to re-load.

Not to worry about the no books. I went to Hasting's this afternoon. I picked up a couple of reads. I think I'm on a Larry McMurtry kick. And I picked up a Dom DeLillo book about the Shot Heard Round the World, which looks interesting.

Yeah. Just writing. Nobody's blogging.

Who Is Angry Jack? I've got an idea, but I'd like to be sure before I start talking ugly about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home