Thursday, March 25, 2004

Cubs Trade

Saw that the Cubs traded Juan Cruz to the Braves. Along with pitcher Steve Smyth.

The Cubs get lefty pitcher Andy Pratt and infielder Richard "I'm not the horrible comedian" Lewis.

I'm kind of ambivalent on the trade. I was willing to give Cruz one more shot, but wasn't setting my expectations all that high. Apparently, Pratt's in a lot the same position within the Braves organization that Cruz is within the Cubs'.

Still, my eyes did perk up just a little when I saw LHP. Maybe he can work his way into a spot start every now and then. To break up the monotony. I mean the Cubs have more righties than the Republican National Convention.

But beyond that, I'm not expecting a whole bunch. Kind of like with Cruz.

On the flip side, there's a 1 in 750 chance that under the watchful eye of Leo "I say the f-word and rock on my seat" Mazzone that Juan could become the next Pete "Anti-Zimmer" Martinez.

Plus, we got a minor league infielder. It's a rare condition that the Cubs have so much pitching down in the minors, and that position players (Catchers, especially) seem to be coming up short.

I saw the news at Large Regular first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home