Tuesday, October 12, 2004

No Politics Here

No Politics Here

I just tried to nip a political slapfight in the bud back in the "Cussing" post.

See, I made the mistake of suggesting the our esteemed Vice President should have been docked electoral votes for dropping an f-bomb.

You can't do that nowadays, least of all in the blog world.

[I edited this. I singled Mr. Haws out without really intending to. I apologize for that....]

I'll say this. I'm not going to make any political references for the rest of the election seasons. None. Not even little tiny ones that are only tangentially related the topic at hand. Because neither side is secure enough in their beliefs to just let it go.

Whether it's a harmless comparison between NASCAR and Cheney, or Kerry's resulting from another of Dr. Frankenstein's experiments regarding the undead, the pundit wannabes on either side just can't let it go for what they are: Harmless natterings from a guy (me) who won't watch the debates because they're opposite baseball's playoffs and who won't watch the news because he's too busy watching cartoons in the morning and Friends re-runs in the evening.

(I do that because, to me, it's at least as important whether the Yankees lose as to who the stuffed coat sitting in the White House is for the next four years....No, actually, the whether the Yankees lose is Much more important. Come to think of it, I put the identity of the person in the White House right around the same place in the priority list as the brand of toilet paper I buy.)

So I see this chest-pounding self righteous argumentative namecalling in the name of the political race just about as interesting as if two guys were on the street arguing as to whether Charmin or Cottonelle is the way to go.

Ok, then.

As a final note, if I get any comments explaining why Party A is better than party B, or candidate A is better than candidate B, or even why I should actually give a shit, I'll not only delete your comments, but come to your house and cut you up with a chainsaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home