Thursday, November 25, 2004

Random Thankgiving Thoughts

Random Thanksgiving Thoughts

I'm a thankful so and so. I'm thankful for the family, and my friends. I'm thankful to live in America. I'm thankful that I've got a roof over my head, an opportunity to work and learn, that I've got half a brain in my head. Beyond these things, I'm thankful for so many things. But it would be much like my Oscar speech, were I to win an Oscar...I'm afraid I would forget someone or something, so I'll just say that I'm very, very thankful.

It's early, this Thanksgiving. Couldn't sleep.

Hey! I might spoil a movie in the next couple of paragraphs! I went with Dad to see National Treasure yesterday. I liked it alright. It wasn't great, but it worked okay. It's a popcorn movie, so it works for what it was. It doesn't bear a lot of scrutiny. Just watch it like a popcorn fairy tale: if you're not into the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing, this one won't work for you.

I will say that at first, I was kind of annoyed that one of my few movie rules didn't apply, until I realized it had only been turned inward, on another character. The rule? Never trust Jon Voight. He's always devious, in the end. This time, he was merely devious toward the greater good.

A brief listing of my Top 5 favorite Thanksgiving desserts:

1. Pumpkin Pie
2. Pecan Pie
3. Banana Pudding
4. Pumpkin Bread
5. Apple Pie

That's really all I've got this morning, except to say that if anybody tries to tell you that Alice's Restaurant is the movie to watch on Thanksgiving, you plunk them in the head with a copy of Planes, Trains and Automobiles, or you just declare it the Christmas Season, and pop Christmas Vacation in, and leave that hippie mess alone. It'll just grow hair on your palms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home