Friday, March 11, 2005

Short Fiction

Short Fiction

In a little rush this morning.

Sheila had this piece from Michael Chabon, where he comments on the state of short fiction in the publishing and literary world. It's a good read

I'm a big short fiction fan. It goes along with both my short attention span, and my complete inability to read in public without some asshat deciding that I'm simply waiting for a conversation.

I think I might say more later, I'm awfully late now, but I do want to offer a little more upscale content than your ordinary average pro wrasslin' commentary you seem to find here more and more.

I'll leave you with a couple or three links I've found online to some of my favorite shorts....

The Inhabitant of Carcosa, by Ambrose Bierce. (I enjoy this one greatly).

The Cask of Amontillado, by Edgar Allan Poe

A Rose for Emily, by William Faulkner

And, I point you to Joe Lansdale's site. He always has a short piece of fiction up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home