Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Things That Are In My Brain This Tuesday Afternoon

Things That Are In My Brain This Tuesday Afternoon

Just a few random thoughts this Tuesday Afternoon, when Blogger's been quite a bit annoying....

Not much going on in my neck of the woods this blustery March afternoon. Day off. Did some writing this morning. Sent a few stories off. It's been a few months since I've done anything in that regard. I've managed to shake off some of the laziness that is inherent in my genetic makeup as far as the writing goes.

Just a little of it, anyway.

So, I sent a few things off. This time, I didn't include the nude photos of myself. I've been clued in on the fact that inclusion of such a thing, in some circles, isn't so much a gesture of good faith as it is grounds for prosecution. It's just proof that the smaller our world gets, the further apart we get.

Watching a little spring training baseball this afternoon. Rangers and Giants. Reacquainting myself with my utter and complete hatred of Mr. Rick Sutcliffe this afternoon. Rick is one of three broadcasters working the game for the nice folks at ESPN (ehsp' in). Sutcliffe comes from the Tim McCarver/The Viewer is a Blinkard Idiot school of broadcasting. And, if anything, Sutcliffe is even more in love with the sound of his own voice than McCarver.

In Sutcliffe's defense, he does work a little better with his broadcast partners. In that he gives them time to speak, and he's even established a repartee with Erik Karros, who is working the game for ESPN. He's asking a lot of questions and waiting for answers. McCarver generally wants to make sure he's the one giving the answer. Lots of pitcher vs. hitter talk, even early on (second inning), from these two.

I'm reading Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods. I'm about a third of the way in. It's been recommended a few times to me, especially a few months back when I asked here for somebody to recommend a book.

Like I said. Not a lot else going on. Just going to rest and relaxate some. Ya'll do the same...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home