Sunday, July 17, 2005

Today

Today

Tommy Acuff here. Not the jokey, trying-to-be-silly, Dusty Baker-hatin' blog guy.

Just Tommy Acuff.

It's been a rough night.

Been trying of thinking of what to say, if I should say anything at all. I've written and deleted several things, trying to work the thoughts out of my head.

The grocery store where I work as a manager got robbed tonight. That's it. Three guys came in, and robbed the office at gunpoint. That's all I feel would be appropriate to say at this point.

An opinion?

They'll get them. There are cameras. We've got them on several cameras. One of them even looks straight at a camera at one point. Even while trying to sort the shit in my head out, I thought to myself "how could you be so blinkard pig-stupid as not wear masks or to think there aren't cameras?"

Nobody got hurt. That's another fact. I can share that. I can't put into words how thankful I am for that. I largely find myself wandering the line of the agnostic in life, lately, but I did say the small prayer "God, if you're listening, I appreciate that...."

Me? I'm just working down the adrenaline.

I should have more to say, at some point, though you'll understand if I hold back a bit. Don't know how much is appropriate, at this juncture, from a legal or a personal standpoint.

Thanks for listening, though.

Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home