Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The O Stands for 'O My God, It's Early!'

The O Stands for 'O My God, It's Early'

Is that the line from Good Morning Vietnam? I'm horrible at quoting shit. I'm sure there's somebody who'll come along and give me the right one.

There's a six o'clock in the morning, too?

You know, the Tommy of even three months ago would be laughing himself hoarse at me. You know, the Tommy that regularly was getting up at 4:30 in the AM and singing and smiling while he did it. (He'd also probably have hit me with something, he might even have killed me and dumped my body in an abandoned well...that Tommy drank a lot, and took medication not specifically prescribed for him...dude was kra-zee.)

Recently, I've been working late. Which means pulling my ass out of bed any time before nine in the morning is to be considered getting up extra early.

And six? That's ricockulous.

Why so early? We've got a meeting at work. I think the purpose of the meeting is so that Loss Prevention can remind us not to steal.

How insane would I be allowed to go if that's all it was. I pull my big self out of bed on about three hours of sleep to go back into a place I left six hours ago just so the LP guy can say something like "Don't steal from us, guys..." That's all he says, and then sits back down.

Anyway. I'm mostly awake, now. You've been waking up with Tommy. Huzzah!

Now, to a shower, where I wash the filth from my armpits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home