Monday, July 18, 2005

A Week of Firsts

A Week of Firsts

Thanks for the kind words. It was an interesting weekend, to say the least. I think we're mostly fine there at work. Personally? I've resolved to chalk the whole thing up as a learning experience.

I will say that it was the first time anything like that's happened to me.

But this week seems to have been a week for this type of thing.

See, I went out to lunch with my friends Jill and Chris and their baby Luke. It was there that I got to hold a baby for the first time. Never held a baby. It's a rare thing that I've had the opportunity. I think Jill and Chris are the only people I've known well enough that have had a kid. A few cousins, maybe. But I got to hold a baby. We talked about Dad and Mom, and how they're weird, but good people.

It was also my first time seeing somebody flash at a McDonald's Drive Thru. I'd gotten off work Friday, late that night. I just wanted something small. I got a McChicken. As I waited (and waited, and waited some more), I heard somebody holler. I looked in my rear view mirror, and saw two cars back, somebody was standing either out a sun roof, or standing in a convertible. They were yelling to the car in front of them, directly behind me.

After a few words were passed (friendly words), the girl ended the conversation by saying "Hey! Watch this!" Then she flashed her boobs at the car in front of her. And in my direction. I considered myself collateral damage. And the hornball in me got a pretty decent kick out of the whole deal.

And then....I tried goat's milk for the first time this weekend. It's one of those things I'd seen on the shelf at a couple places before, and wondered about. So I got a carton when I saw some this weekend. Tried it. Not that different than cow's milk (and boy Howdy! do I love cow's milk). Good, though. Good on Peanut Butter Crunch. Bit pricey though. Stands to reason that you get less milk from a goat than you do a cow.

Unless you make a giant goat.

Week of firsts.

Looking back, I probably should have finished with the girl flashing. That's a better way to end a post than a story about goat's milk. Much better way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home