Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday Morning

It's been literally months since blogger ate a post of mine. Don't know what happened to the fine, fine post from yesterday morning, but it was one for the ages.

In it, I:

  • Called bullshit on the scores of people who hollered how they picked Pittsburgh over Indianapolis this weekend. Show me proof, buddyboy. Me? I got one out of four right this weekend.
  • Talked about Steve Turner's Johnny Cash biography, how I liked it, though its writing didn't flow. I did like the look at Johnny's evangelical phase, and the fact it would bring up contradictions from Johnny's previous autobiographies. Also, it didn't treat the June Carter romance as a heaven-sent fairy tale.
  • I recommended John Hodgman's Areas of My Expertise, and quoted a passage from "Debated Planets." Perhaps I will do this again for the future, because it is terribly funny. Anyway, the book? Imagine that post about ranking the Monkees, the tone of it, and stretch it over 250 pages.
  • I started Edward McPherson's biography of Buster Keaton. It's gonna be a quick read. A little too many plot synopses of his early two-reelers, but you do get a feel for Buster's personality with the section on practical jokes....
  • I also talked about how I'm watching the first season of Smallville, on loan from my brother-in-law, and how in the first seven or eight episodes, there are about a dozen cars crashed, blown up, set on fire or have something thrown through them. I don't think I would want to live in Smallville, if only because auto insurance rates for that zip code have to be through the roof.

It was a great post, and I'm sorry that you missed it. Like I said, blogger's free, and it doesn't mess up much.

But it did. And now I get to wander into the day with a mildly angry buzz.

But that might just be the coffee and the three hours of sleep.

Only my barber knows for sure.

Huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home