Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturday Morning

Saturday Morning

Somebody ate the last of my kettle chips. I have been in mourning for the past couple of days.

The Sloth has added his opinions on the whole kettle chip issue. I have to second what he says. If you're going to flavor your kettle chips, bring the noise. Go all out, put something with a kick on your chips. Otherwise, just stay home.

Now, when I eat kettle chips, I'm generally a plain jane type of feller. I likes them salty and oily.

But on occasion, I'll get a hankerin' for something different, in the kettle chip arena. When I want a flavored chip, I want something that'll ruin a shirt, something that you have to use gasoline to burn the excess off your hands.

In that area, Cape Cod makes a fine barbecue, and Hanover's used to have a pretty good Cheddar and Sour Cream, but those have proven hard to find.

Now, if you ever go to Quizno's, some franchises have a pretty decent jalapeno kettle chip that they serve alongside their toasted sammiches.

-----

My picks to advance in the playoffs this weekend?

New England, Washington, New York and Pittsburgh.

Just my gut, saying so.

-----

This one's stupid, but it made me laugh. Maybe because I ate a bowl of oatmeal this morning:

A cowboy has lived to an extremely old age, and one day his grandson asks him to what he attributes his long life.

"Well, you know that every morning, I have a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast." says the old timer. His grandson nods.

"Before I eat it, I sprinkle a little gunpowder on it, everyday." The ancient cowpoke adds.

The grandson decides to follow his grandfather's breakfast regimen, and each morning of his life, he has oatmeal with gunpowder sprinkled on it. Sure enough, the grandson lives to the ripe old age of 97.

When he died, he left seven children, twenty one grandchildren, eighteen great-grandchildren, and a fifteen foot hole in the side of the crematorium.


I just put a little brown sugar and some pecans in my oatmeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home